Hours: Contracted working hours consist of 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 with 1 hour Lunch
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We have grown from £10M to £30M revenue in less than 3 years and our team have grown from 35 to 200.
We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
This is your opportunity to collaborate with our award-winning dynamic team in one of our fabulous open plan offices in Manchester, Runcorn, Leeds and Bradford, where you can enjoy a game of pool, table tennis, Xbox to help you unwind and all easily accessible with local transport links.
Focus of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging role for a seasoned candidate with a proven track record of delivering cloud and infrastructure refresh projects to end users.
The engineer will be responsible for capturing client requirements, recommending appropriate technical solutions, planning project delivery and implementing the proposed technical solution. The role is suited to a confident communicator, capable of hosting customer workshops and training sessions for groups of stakeholders and end users. Strong documentation and technical handover skills are required to ensure a smooth transition of solutions into service and support.
Technical skills required:
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft software including Windows Sever 2008 through 2019
- Active Directory implementation and migration of related services (DHCP, DNS).
- O365 email migrations and implementation experience with its complimentary components (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc)
- Exchange Server
- Virtualisation solution (Hyper-V, VMware) implementation
- Shared storage (SAN) implementation
- An understanding of migration to cloud storage and infrastructure platforms (Azure, AWS, private cloud)
- Backup technologies (particularly Veeam)
- Router/firewall deployment (particularly WatchGuard & SonicWall)
- Advanced networking configuration (VLAN’s, static routes)
Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Highly competitive salary with excellent job-related benefits
- 23 days holiday increasing to 25 days with length of service with option to buy additional leave
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Industry leading training and development
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan and life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Come and join a winning team.