Location: Leeds or Manchester
Reports to: Service Desk Pod Leader
Hours: Contracted working hours consist of 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday, based on one of the following shift patterns:
07:00 – 15:30, 08:00 – 16:30, 09:30 – 18:00 or 10:30 – 19:00
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Opportunities in role:
• Learn and work alongside over 80 experienced support engineers.
• Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, InTune, WVD and networking – our engineers aren’t ring fenced!
• Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan.
• Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Missing any of the desirable skills below? Don’t worry…we’ll get you there.
Focus of the role:
As a 1st Line Support Consultant, you will be responsible for working directly with the end users, offering 1st line technical support via email, ticketing system and telephone, performing fixes where possible and escalating where necessary.
- Providing 1st line technical support for hardware and software issues.
- Ensure all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and progress notes are added to all calls.
- Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution
- Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems.
- ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes.
- On occasion provide on-site support for customers as and when required.
- Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
- High energy and drive
- Wants a career, not just a job
- Capacity and hunger to learn
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Team player
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Windows 10 troubleshooting and experience
- O365 and its complimentary addons (OneDrive & Teams)
- Active Directory administration (user creation, permissions)
- Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos)
- Printer troubleshooting
- General hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Intune and MDM
- Apple Mac support
- Intune and MDMMS Azure
- Microsoft software including Windows sever 2012, 2016 and 2019
- SharePoint online and on premise
- Basic understanding of virtualisation (HyperV & VmWare)
- Basic understanding of firewalls (particularly WatchGuard & Sonicwall)
- Basic understanding of networking
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!