1st Line Support Consultant
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We have grown from £10M to £30M revenue in less than 3 years and our team have grown from 35 to 200.
We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
This is your opportunity to collaborate with our award-winning dynamic team in one of our fabulous open plan offices in Manchester, Runcorn, Leeds and Bradford, where you can enjoy a game of pool, table tennis, Xbox to help you unwind and all easily accessible with local transport links.
Opportunities in role:
• Learn and work alongside over 80 experienced support engineers.
• Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, InTune, WVD and networking – our engineers aren’t ring fenced!
• Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan.
• Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Missing any of the desirable skills below? Don’t worry…we’ll get you there.
Focus of the role:
As a 1st Line Support Consultant, you will be responsible for working directly with the end users, offering 1st line technical support via email, ticketing system and telephone, performing fixes where possible and escalating where necessary.
• Providing 1st line technical support for hardware and software issues.
• Ensure all calls are logged into the helpdesk system and progress notes are added to all calls.
• Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
• Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution
• Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
• Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
• ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
• On occasion provide on-site support for customers as and when required
• Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
• High energy and drive
• Wants a career, not just a job
• Capacity and hunger to learn
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Team player
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Experience in a similar role
• Microsoft Windows 10 troubleshooting and experience
• O365 and its complimentary addons (OneDrive & Teams)
• Active Directory administration (user creation, permissions)
• Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos)
• Printer troubleshooting
• General hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Intune and MDM
• Apple Mac support
• Intune and MDMMS Azure
• Microsoft software including Windows sever 2012, 2016 and 2019
• SharePoint online and on premise
• Basic understanding of virtualisation (HyperV & VmWare)
• Basic understanding of firewalls (particularly WatchGuard & Sonicwall)
• Basic understanding of networking
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary. Health cash plan, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy holidays, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.