Azure Infrastructure Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging role for a seasoned candidate with a proven track record of designing and delivering cloud-first IT solutions to suit a client’s needs.
The Azure Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for capturing client requirements, recommending appropriate technical solutions, planning project delivery, and implementing the proposed technical solution. A thorough understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 are a requirement for the Infrastructure Engineer to be able to assist clients in their desire to explore public cloud technology.
The role is suited to a confident communicator, capable of providing useful technical insight during client meetings alongside account managers. Proficiency hosting customer workshops and training sessions for groups of stakeholders and end users is also desirable.
Key skills required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – you will be part of a robust technical team working directly with clients, both independently and alongside the wider BCN Group team.
- Have the ability to present, draw and communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, building long term partnerships built on trust, ownership and responsibility.
- Successfully deliver projects in an efficient, timely manner and manage expectations through accurate scope of works and ongoing reporting.
- You will identify client requirements and business objects from conference calls and meetings. Providing guidance and advice, backing it up with written documentation containing high-level designs and supporting diagrams that can be understood by a broad range of technical skilled clients.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Azure and private cloud offerings that will enable the business to provide real value to clients.
Expected technical knowledge:
- A solid background of technologies and concepts, understanding Microsoft server stack, networking and Active Directory Domain Services
- Exchange Server and or System Center
- Virtualisation solutions (Hyper-V, VMware) design, implementation, and maintenance
- Server, Storage, and Network hardware knowledge, HPE, Dell, Cisco, etc
- Backup technologies (particularly Veeam)
- Router/firewall knowledge/deployment – Cisco, SonicWall, Fortinet, Watchguard etc
- Core logical network concepts – VLAN’s, Routing, 802.1x etc
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
- 3 years+ experience
- Deep knowledge in Public & Private Cloud including Microsoft 365 technologies.
- You love a challenge when it comes to managing complex technical solutions and are looking to push yourself to deliver larger long-term projects.
- A passion for technology and the use of technology to solve business objectives.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to self-organise and motivate.
- Full UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.