Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Location: Manchester, Runcorn or Leeds – remote working considered
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role
This is an exciting and challenging role for a seasoned candidate with a proven track record of designing and delivering cloud-first IT solutions to suit a client’s needs.
The Infrastructure Cloud Engineer will be responsible for capturing client requirements, recommending appropriate technical solutions, planning project delivery, and implementing the proposed technical solution. A thorough understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 are a requirement for the Infrastructure Engineer to be able to assist clients in their desire to explore public cloud technology.
The role is suited to a confident communicator, capable of providing useful technical insight during client meetings alongside account managers. Proficiency hosting customer workshops and training sessions for groups of stakeholders and end users is also desirable.
Strong documentation and technical handover skills are required to audit existing client infrastructures, make recommendations for improvement and to ensure a smooth transition of solutions into service and support post-delivery of the project.
Key knowledge required
- M365 migration experience including Exchange Online alongside its complimentary components (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc)
- An in depth understanding of Microsoft Azure and migration paths to IaaS solutions. Experience in PaaS solutions would be beneficial.
Expected technical knowledge
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft software including Windows Sever 2008 through 2019
- Active Directory implementation and migration of related services (DHCP, DNS).
- Exchange Server
- Virtualisation solution (Hyper-V, VMware) implementation
- Backup technologies (particularly Veeam)
- Router/firewall deployment (particularly WatchGuard & SonicWall)
- Advanced networking configuration (VLAN’s, static routes)
- Experience line managing and training other engineers
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 is a must.
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.