Location: Manchester, M22 5LW
Report to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30, with a 60-minute lunch break
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the Role:
This is an exciting and challenging entry level position for an enthusiastic candidate who is motivated to learn and advance their technical knowledge.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for configuring and installing new switches, firewall/routers, servers and endpoint devices at client sites to a high level of customer satisfaction. The engineer will also assist Senior Project Engineers with cloud infrastructure refresh projects to further their technical understanding.
The role is ideally suited to a service desk engineer who is looking to make the next step in their career. They would ideally have visited clients and performed on-site troubleshooting and/or infrastructure change as part of their current role. The Junior Infrastructure Engineer role will build on this experience and provide a pathway to learn and take part in larger refresh projects, making significant and positive changes for our customers.
- Windows Sever 2012 through 2022
- Active Directory and related services (DHCP, DNS) or Azure AD
- Basic understanding of virtualisation (Hyper-V or VMware)
- Routers/firewalls (preferably Fortigate)
- Networking and switching
- High energy and drive
- Wants a career, not just a job
- Capacity and hunger to learn
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Team player
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Full UK driving licence
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!