Reports to: Head of Software
Location: Hybrid – This role also requires an onsite presence 2/3 days per week in the Manchester office
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30, 37.5 hours per week with 1 hour lunch break
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the role:
Working with the latest technologies on a variety of projects, this role is for a technically capable, driven, and ambitious software development team leader. You will lead a customer-centric product development team who are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining both new and existing products and services. The role will be a mixture of software development and technical leadership of a small, growing team. You will take on a lead role in software development matters from architecture and through the full lifecycle.
- Hands on experience using ASP.NET MVC, Web API, .NET Core and C#
- Full understanding of Object-oriented programming and the benefits (e.g., SOLID)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL), Entity Framework and LINQ
- Developing large complex applications
- Familiarity with SPA frameworks like Vue, Angular, React, or Blazor
- Microsoft certifications
- Unit testing, Test driven development.
- Experience of developing/architecting Azure solutions
- Azure Application hosting experience or knowledge (Web App, Azure SQL DB, Function App, Storage and Azure Service Bus)
- Azure DevOps – Boards, Repos and Pipelines
- Assisting with recruitment, interviews, and onboarding
- Daily Stand-ups/Project Stand-ups
- Coaching and mentoring
- Code Reviews and ensuring ISO27001 secure development lifecycle adhered to
- DevOps CI/CD configuration
- Support ticket triage, allocation, and tracking
- Customer facing technical pre-sales
- You will be a Senior .Net Developer with experience leading a team
- You are innovative; you strive for improvements and share your knowledge across the team.
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an inquisitive nature
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Drive to deliver the highest standard of work
- Able to adapt to changing requirements
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!