Reports to: Head of Development
Location: Manchester (Remote working available)
Travel: Frequent visits to existing and new client sites
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm, with a 60-minute lunch break.
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role:
The Technical Business Analyst role is the bridge between our clients and our software engineering teams. The BA will be expected to work closely with our Sales, Projects, and DevOps teams at all stages of the software development lifecycle, often holding the role of Product Owner on behalf of our clients.
The BA role is pivotal in ensuring that the customers’ requirements are understood, clear and feasible. Our BA will ensure we continue to deliver software solutions which meet our customers defined and validated business needs within stated commercial, quality and time constraints.
- You will gather requirements from end users and stakeholders via requirements gathering and processes modelling workshops; conduct requirements analysis and verification; develop use case scenarios and process flow diagrams; participate in peer reviews and help create prototypes and wireframes to assist with the development of software solutions. You will also help support the test strategy and plan to ensure appropriate and efficient coverage as well as managing the user acceptance criteria and testing efforts.
- Specifically, but not exclusively, you will be expected to:
- Work with client stakeholders and the development team to ensure that user stories are clearly defined, delivered, and approved for deployment.
- Translate business requirements into detailed system requirements and technical design specifications.
- Investigate, model, define and document required business processes.
- Carry out requirements analysis for change requests including requirements gathering and participating in workshops to understand project objectives and scope.
- To work with other Software Solutions Architects and other stakeholders to develop realistic solutions to business requirements, considering budgets, timescales and costs.
- Support the development of training and implementation material.
- Assist in integration and acceptance testing.
- Participate in project sprint planning and collaborating with the PMO when appropriate.
- Formulate and own any product backlog.
- 3+ years of technical business analysis experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality. Someone who really cares about what they do and the contribution they make
- Experience working with process modelling methodologies
- Experience of using cloud-based Requirement Management Tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira, etc.
- Experience of system testing and creating test scripts
- Experience of ITIL processes and standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels in both the client’s organisation and BCN
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative agreed boundaries
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at any one time
- Experience working within Scrum or other agile teams
- Demonstrate a very high level of customer service and empathy to the customer issues delivering solutions while working within budget
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.