BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We have grown from £10M to £30M revenue in less than 3 years and our team have grown from 35 to 200.
We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
This is your opportunity to collaborate with our award-winning dynamic team in one of our fabulous open plan offices in Manchester, Runcorn, Leeds and Bradford, where you can enjoy a game of pool, table tennis, Xbox to help you unwind and all easily accessible with local transport links.
Opportunities in role:
• Learn and work alongside over 80 experienced support engineers across our 3 regional offices.
• Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, InTune, WVD and networking – our engineers aren’t ring fenced!
• Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan.
• Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Missing any of the desirable skills below? Don’t worry…we’ll get you there.
Focus of the role:
BCN Group have an opportunity for an experienced 3rd Line Support Consultant to join our service desk team. The role will act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd line engineers, mentoring and coaching your engineering colleagues, vetting knowledge base articles to aid the teams and customers alike and providing email and telephone based technical support to our vast client base, resolving a wide range of technical customer issues and escalating support requests where necessary to ensure that queries are resolved in line with agreed SLAs.
You are the last port of call for the support team so your attitude towards tackling something you have not encountered before, needs to be extremely positive an demonstrate a can-do attitude.
Our ideal person will be an experienced Support Consultant ideally from a Managed Service Provider background. You will assist in developing the support team’s technical knowledge and be able to communicate clearly and regularly with both the customer and the account manager on progress made on issues raised. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
• Providing 3rd line technical support for hardware and software issues.
• Final escalation point for the support team.
• Root cause analysis specialist.
• Delivery of advanced technical training to the support team, to advance their skills.
• Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions across all customers.
• Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
• Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
• Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
• ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
• Provide on-site support for customers as and when required
• Delivering exceptional customer service and demonstrating the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
• High energy and drive
• Wants a career, not just a job
• Capacity and hunger to learn
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Team player
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Experience in a similar role
• Microsoft Windows sever (2012, 2016 and 2019)
• O365 and its complimentary addons (OneDrive, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc)
• Advanced virtualisation troubleshooting (HyperV/VmWare)
• Advanced firewall troubleshooting (WatchGuard/Sonicwall)
• Advanced networking skills
• Advanced InTune/MDM skills
• Storage troubleshooting (SANs & NAS)
• Advanced Exchange troubleshooting
• Advanced SQL Server troubleshooting
• Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos)
• Advanced Firewall skills (WatchGuard/SonicWall)
• Advanced Networking skills (managed switching, VLAN’s)
• Excellent general hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• ITIL foundation accredited
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary. Health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, Tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement, the option to buy holidays, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.