3rd Line Support Consultant
Reports to: Pod Leader
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Or alternative shift), 60-minute lunch break.
About BCN Group:
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role
BCN Group are looking for a 3rd Line Support Consultant, the overall remit of the role is to resolve all escalated tickets from the support team, develop the support teams technical knowledge and communicate clearly and regularly with both the customer and the account manager on progress made on issues raised. You are the last port of call for the support team so your attitude towards tackling something you have not encountered before, needs to be extremely positive an demonstrate a can-do attitude.
- Final escalation point for the support team.
- Root cause analysis specialist.
- Delivery of advanced technical training to the support team, to advance their skills.
- Assessing a customer’s system needs and understand their requirements.
- Research and development of technical products to drive efficiency and customer up time.
- Support existing customers to a very high standard
- Microsoft software including Windows sever 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Microsoft Azure skills.
- O365 and its complimentary addons. (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Flow, Planner, Delve etc) Exchange server, SQL Server, HyperV, VmWare, Backup technologies (particularly Veeam),
- Antivirus (particularly ESET A& Sophos),
- Advanced Firewalls (particularly WatchGuard & Sonicwall)
- Advanced networking skills (Managed switching, VLAN’s),
- Advanced Storage skills (SANs, NASh , Azure, AWS and private cloud technologies.
- General advanced hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and spoken communication skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Team mentality
- Good sense of humour
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, Tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.