Reports to: Head of Development
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, 9am to 5.30pm, 60-minute lunch break
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premises, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application development and support, voice solutions, data management and analytics, and hardware sales and maintenance. In the past three years we have grown from 30 to over 200 staff and from £10m annual revenue to more than £40m…and we are not finished yet!
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together, and we win together!
Focus of the role:
The BA role is pivotal in ensuring that the customers’ requirements are understood, clear and feasible. Our BA will ensure we continue to deliver software solutions which meet our customers defined and validated business needs within stated commercial, quality and time constraints.
You will gather requirements from end users and stakeholders via requirements gathering and processes modelling workshops; conduct requirements analysis and verification; develop use case scenarios and process flow diagrams; participate in peer reviews and help create prototypes and wireframes to assist with the development of software solutions. You will also help support the test strategy and plan to ensure appropriate and efficient coverage as well as managing the user acceptance criteria and testing efforts.
- Work with client stakeholder and development team to ensure that suer stories are clearly defined, delivered, and approved for deployment
- Translate business requirements into detailed system requirements and technical design specifications
- Investigate, model, define and document required business processes
- Carry out requirements analysis for change requests including requirements gathering and participating in workshops to understand project objectives and scope
- To work with other Software Solutions Architects and other stakeholders to develop realistic solutions to business requirements, considering budgets, timescales, and costs
- Support the development of training and implementation material
- Assist in integration an acceptance testing
- Participate in project sprint planning and collaborating with the PMO when appropriate
- Formulate and own any product backlog
Person, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of technical business analysis experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality. Someone who really cares about what they do and the contribution they make
- Experience working with process modelling methodologies
- Experience of using cloud=based requirement management tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira, etc.
- Experience of system testing and creating test scripts
- Experience of ITIL processes and standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels in both the client’s organisation and BCN
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at any one time
- Experience working within Scrum or other agile teams
- Demonstrate a very high level of customer service and empathy to the customer issues delivering solutions while working within budget
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!