Reports to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Or alternative shift), 60-minute lunch break.
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging role for an Infrastructure Engineer with a proven track record of delivering quality cloud and on-prem infrastructure projects.
Focussing primarily on project delivery, the successful candidate will be working closely with the Hybrid Infrastructure Team to capture client requirements, recommend appropriate technical solutions, plan project milestones and implement the proposed technical solution. The role will require technical understanding across a wide range of technologies.
The role is suited to an engineer with previous Wintel installation experience who is looking to develop and expand their skillset and take on more ownership of project delivery using a wide variety of technologies. Ideally the successful candidate would be a confident communicator, that is comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will have demonstrable skills and experience with:
- Windows Server experience with the installation and migration of the following services: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print Services
The candidate will also have experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Experience with installing, configuring and migrating a virtualisation solution (Hyper-V or VMware).
- High-level understanding of Routers/Firewalls, in particular Firewall and NAT rules.
- Experience in Networking and switching configuration (including but not limited to: Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, Wireless Access Points, VLAN’s, Static routes).
- Experience with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- SAN/NAS implementation (iSCSI or FC).
- Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- HPe/Aruba Switching
- Fortigate (NSE 4 accreditation would be beneficial)
- SQL Server Installation
- High energy and drive
- Capacity and hunger to learn
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Team player
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Full UK driving licence
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!