Infrastructure Project Manager
Job title: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Manchester (flexibility for some homeworking but will need to be in commuting distance form the office)
Travel: Frequent visits to existing and new client sites
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm, with a 60-minute lunch break.
Salary: £ Competitive
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role:
As an Infrastructure Project Manager for BCN, you’ll assume the lead role in delivering a wide array of infrastructure projects with a bias to the MS365 cloud offering.
Our clients and projects vary in scale and complexity, but for illustration here is an example of the projects we deliver by type:
• Migration to Azure Cloud services
• Migration to Data Centre
• Enterprise data migrations
• Microsoft Office 365 migrations and rollout (Cloud)
• MS productivity suite migrations and rollout, e.g. SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive for Business (Cloud)
Your focus will be delivering projects on time and within budget and fostering collaborative and constructive relationships with stakeholders. Each project you work on will have a unique set of requirements, so you’ll frequently face new challenges. You can be sure that no two days will be the same. The role will also give exposure to managing software development projects, though infrastructure will be the primary focus.
You will work closely with Account Managers, Pre-sales staff and Solutions Designers to ensure projects are clearly defined. You will co-ordinate highly specialised technical teams, whose unrivalled expertise will set you apart from your competitors. You will be joining a high performing Delivery Team who share a common goal in driving the adoption of M365 cloud technologies.
Experience working with the following:
• Server, Desktop, Network and Telephony providers
• Client-side technologies, Windows 7-10, Thin Client
• Cloud-based technologies, O365, Exchange Online and Azure preferred
• Email migration processes and complex email routing environments
• Multi-site and multi forest Active Directory
• Desktop sanitation and standard build deployment
• Good knowledge of IP Telephony solutions
• Infrastructure knowledge
• Previous experience as an Infrastructure Engineer is desirable although not essential
• At least 3 years’ experience in an Infrastructure Project Manager role
• Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Experience of using waterfall project methodologies
• Ability to run multiple projects maintaining quality and control
• Ability to lead and provide guidance to infrastructure engineers drawing on their project and technical experience
• Demonstrate a very high level of customer service and empathy to the customer issues delivering solutions while working within budget
• Demonstrate a ‘Can-Do’ attitude
• Be an excellent communicator
• Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), employee bonus scheme, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.