Location: Leeds, LS14 3DW (Flexible Hybrid working)
Travel: Between Leeds & Manchester offices as required
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30, with a 60-minute lunch break
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Opportunities in role:
- Learn and work alongside over 80 experienced support engineers across our 3 regional offices
- Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, Intune, AVD and networking
- Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study, and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan
- Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry
Missing any of the desirable skills below? Don’t worry…we’ll get you there.
Focus of the role:
BCN Group have an opportunity for an experienced Internal Systems Administrator to join our internal systems team. The role will act as an escalation point from the service desk, and you will be responsible for providing email and telephone based technical support to our staff, resolving a wide range of technical issues and escalating requests where necessary to ensure that queries are resolved in line with agreed SLAs.
Our ideal person will be an experienced support consultant ideally from a Managed Service Provider background. You will assist in developing our internal systems according to an established roadmap and must be able to communicate clearly and regularly with both the service desk and other members of the internal systems team on progress made on issues raised. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Escalation point for the support team on internal issues
- Take ownership of issues assigned to you and manage them through to resolution adhering to change control process
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
- Service improvement by analysis of issues and regular monthly reporting.
- Develop internal systems according to roadmap
- Assist with migration of assets from any acquisition to align with BCN systems, controls and processes
- Responsible for starter, mover, leaver processes including some setup of new starter hardware
- Ensure systems are patched as per the vulnerability management schedule during agreed windows
- Implementing changes/controls as required by Cyber Essentials/ISO27001.
- Provide on-site support for staff at our offices as and when required
- High energy and drive
- Wants a career, not just a job
- Capacity and hunger to learn
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Team player
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to travel between our offices
- Microsoft Windows Sever (2016, 2019 and 2022) across a wide range of roles and services
- Microsoft 365 and its array of services and software (Exchange/Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive etc)
- Antivirus particularly Defender for Endpoint
- Firewall fundamentals (SonicWall/Fortinet/Watchguard)
- Networking fundamentals (managed switching, VLAN’s)
- Appreciation of Cyber Essentials and ISO27001 controls and a security-first attitude
- Excellent general hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting experience with one or more of the following:
- Storage (SANs & NAS)
- Ubiquiti WIFI
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V or VMware)
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Advanced virtualisation troubleshooting (Hyper V or VMware)
- Advanced firewall troubleshooting (SonicWall/Fortinet/Watchguard)
- Advanced networking skills
- Advanced Intune/MDM skills
- Storage troubleshooting (SANs & NAS)
- Advanced Exchange troubleshooting
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!