Location: Manchester or Leeds
Reports to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Or alternative shift), 60-minute lunch break.
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging entry level position for an enthusiastic candidate who is motivated to learn and advance their technical knowledge.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for Azure Virtual Machine configuration, configuration changes to resources deployed by our DevOps team, Azure resource tagging, cost management reporting and Windows infrastructure configuration in the cloud.
The engineer will assist Senior Project Engineers with cloud infrastructure refresh projects to further their technical understanding, learning to deliver file migrations to Azure Files, Desktop as a Service implementations using Azure Virtual Desktop and application migrations to Azure Virtual Machines or PaaS resources.
Technical requirements include:
- Windows Sever 2012 through 2022
- Active Directory and related services (DHCP, DNS) or Azure AD
- Demonstrable knowledge of supporting at least one of the following Azure implementations
- Azure Virtual Desktop
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Networking
- Azure Files
The successful candidate will ideally be on a path to completing either of the following accreditations. Achieving demonstrable knowledge of the associated syllabus:
- AZ900 – Azure Fundamentals Or AZ104 – Microsoft Azure Administrator
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!