Junior Project Engineer
Job title: Junior Project Engineer
Reports to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We have grown from £10M to £30M revenue in less than 3 years and our team have grown from 35 to 200.
We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Opportunities in the role:
• Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, InTune, AVD and networking – our engineers aren’t ring fenced!
• Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan.
• Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Focus of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging role for an enthusiastic candidate who is motivated to learn and advance their technical knowledge.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for configuring and installing new switches, firewall/routers and servers at client sites to a high level of customer satisfaction. The engineer will also assist Senior Project Engineers with cloud infrastructure refresh projects to further their technical understanding
Technical requirements include:
• Windows Sever 2012 through 2019
• Active Directory and related services (DHCP, DNS) or Azure AD
• Basic understanding of virtualisation (Hyper-V or VMware)
• O365 (Exchange Online)
• Routers/firewalls (particularly one of WatchGuard/SonicWall/Fortigate)
• Networking and switching
Prior experience with the below technologies will be highly beneficial and accelerate the engineer’s advancement in the role:
• Backup technologies (particularly Veeam)
• Additional O365 components (OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams etc)
• Microsoft Exchange
• Microsoft Intune and MDM
• Microsoft Azure
• High energy and drive
• Wants a career, not just a job
• Capacity and hunger to learn
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Team player
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Experience in a similar role
• Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), plus more!
Come and join a winning team.