Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Location: Manchester or Leeds – Office Based
Hours:Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30, 37.5 hours per week with 1 hour lunch break
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Opportunities in role:
- Define and improve ways of working and operational standards for end-user device builds for the group – fantastic opportunity to make this your own
- Leverage experience from over 80 seasoned support engineers.
- Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan.
- Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Missing any of the desirable skills below? Don’t worry…we’ll get you there.
Focus of the role:
As our Lead Deployment Engineer you will be responsible for defining the approach and delivering end user device builds for the group. Working alongside junior members of the group, you will explore more efficient methods of working whilst increasing the quality of work.
- Undertake and complete end user device builds to a high standard using Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and InTune/AutoPilot
- Quality control devices before they are dispatched – to minimise potential fallout
- Ensure documentation is created and maintained as part of the builds process
- Introduce new ways of working to enhance the end user device builds process focusing on:
- Take ownership of the builds workload and customer communication, ensuring that customer and business expectations are met
- Ensure that any technical or operational issues are handled and escalated efficiently where required
- Where required provide on-site assistance for customers for pickups, drop-offs and other jobs (i.e. UPS battery swap outs, hard disk replacements, etc.)
- Deliver exceptional customer service and demonstrate the ability and desire to go ‘above and beyond’ for our customers.
- High energy and drive
- Wants a career, not just a job
- Capacity and hunger to learn
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Team player
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of Microsoft Windows deployment especially including aspects such as Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Active Directory/Group Policy, Azure Active Directory, O365 and Exchange account administration
- End-user application installation/configuration
- Organisation and prioritisation
- Excellent customer communication
- Antivirus (particularly ESET & Sophos)
- General hardware/software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- InTune/AutoPilot or similar MDM solutions
- Small scale project management experience
- Basic understanding of virtualisation (HyperV & VmWare)
- Basic understanding of firewalls (particularly WatchGuard & Sonicwall)
- Basic understanding of networking
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!