Location: Manchester, M22 5LW (flexibility for some homeworking & office working, Hybrid)
Travel: Frequent visits to existing and new clients sites
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30, with a 60-minute lunch break.
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the Role:
As a Software Project Manager for BCN, you will assume the lead role in delivering and managing projects based in the software development function.
Our clients and projects vary in scale and complexity, but for illustration here is an example of the projects we deliver by type:
Your focus will be delivering projects on time and within budget and fostering collaborative and constructive relationships with stakeholders. Each project you work on will have a unique set of requirements, so you’ll frequently face new challenges. You can be sure that no two days will be the same. The role will also give exposure to managing software development projects, though infrastructure will be the primary focus.
Working in the PMO, the successful candidate must be very comfortable in a customer facing capacity and have excellent:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Account Management
- Consultancy skills
- Wearing many hats to deliver complex software solutions.
You will need a strong personality but diplomatic with excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Proven experience as a Software Project Manager
- Experience as a Project Manager working for a Software Supplier/Vendor/Software House delivering software to external customers
- Customer-facing experience as a Project Manager delivering to external clients
- Resource management, Risk management,
- Track record of successful delivery of complex, large scale, IT-led real time projects including software integration
- An ability to manage both internal technical resource but also set expectations with end customers as to scope of delivery and timescales
- Self-sufficiency, a pro-active attitude, flexibility to take responsibility to solve customer problems
- Exposure to delivering software via an Agile methodology
- A record of delivering projects in an application/software development setting – C# /.NET/Azure/Office365/SharePoint
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!