Job title: Purchasing Lead
Reports to: Head of Business Operations
Location: Manchester (Balanced remote working available)
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm, with a 60-minute lunch break.
Salary: Dependant on experience
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, application support, voice solutions, software development, data management and analytics, and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role:
Reporting to the Head of Business Operations and working within the wider Business Operations team, the role’s key focus is to lead the purchasing team and key purchasing activities.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Supplier management including onboarding, supplier reviews, governance and compliance.
• Management of all 3rd party portals.
• Internal equipment management including exiting old kit, reallocating existing kit, provisioning new kit, and asset tracking.
• Stock maintenance and control.
• Management of internal contracts including overhead reviews to minimise costs.
• Management of internal credit card spend.
• Overseeing and continuously improving the business’ purchasing process.
• Day-to-day management of two team members.
• Report building and interrogation.
• Experience in a purchasing/provisioning department is required.
• Experience within the IT industry is also required
• 2 years’ experience in a managerial role with an understanding of collective team delivery
• Excellent skills with the Microsoft package; Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint and Teams
• Confidence and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Self-starting with the ability to approach and resolve challenges
• Ability to learn new skills quickly including adopting new processes and technology
• Able to think on your feet and adapt to different situations
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Team mentality
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), plus more!
Come and join a winning team.