Reports to: Head of Power Platform
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30, 37.5 hours per week with 1 hour lunch break
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the role:
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver real improvements for public and private sector clients, in smart and effective ways. The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their skills and want to learn more about wider IT architecture and development enabling them to build a successful career here at Cloud2 in a growing and exciting technology team.
Our people have 3 things in common: curiosity for learning, getting projects done brilliantly and the belief that together we do make a difference! You will be joining a data and analytics team who are a critical part of the company, whose mission is to help the company and our clients make better decisions through data driven insights.
- Building data pipelines using Azure data factory for data ingestion
- Looking after the data integration, data conformity, data integrity and ensure the data structures are designed for future business needs and enhancements
- Ensure that data transformations are well recorded and follow best practices so that it is easily understood by developers and analysts
- Work directly with the business to support various projects and solutions
- Using problem solving skills as challenges arise
- Process mining to scope and deliver solutions that meet agreed User Stories
Person, Skills & Experience:
- Confident to work individually on projects as well as part of a team to support roadmap and governance processes
- Data Engineer Certification such as DP-203 is highly desirable
- Strong business-to-technology translation skills for identifying ways to apply solutions to help customers improve performance
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Azure Data Factory/ Data Lakes
- SQL server experience (SSIS, SSMS)
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions
- Python is also desirable
- Understanding of Azure DevOps Pipelines would be advantageous
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!