Location: Leeds or Manchester
Reports to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30, with 1 hour lunch
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the Role:
This is an exciting and challenging role for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a proven track record of delivering cloud and on-prem infrastructure refresh projects. The ideal candidate will have experience managing and mentoring a team of engineers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for capturing client requirements, recommending appropriate technical solutions, planning project delivery and implementing the proposed technical solution. The role will require a deep technical understanding across a wide range of technologies.
The role is suited to a confident communicator, that is comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels. Strong documentation and technical handover skills are required to ensure a smooth transition of solutions into service and support. The individual will be a technical escalation point and facilitator for a team of professional services engineers, and will be responsible for the quality of the team’s output as well as the progression plans and career satisfaction for other individuals in the team.
The successful Senior Infrastructure Engineer will have some of the following skills and experience
- Strong Windows Server experience with the installation and migration of the following services: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print Services
- Strong experience with installing, configuring and migrating a virtualisation solution (Hyper-V or VMware).
- High-level understanding of Routers/Firewalls, in particular Firewall and NAT rules.
- Experience in Networking and switching configuration (including but not limited to: Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, Wireless Access Points, VLAN’s, Static routes).
- SAN/NAS implementation (iSCSI or FC).
- Experience with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- HPe/Aruba Switching
- Fortigate (NSE 4 accreditation would be beneficial)
- SQL Server Installation
- High energy and drive
- Capacity and hunger to learn
- A passion for problem solving under pressure
- Team player
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Full UK driving licence
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!