Senior Project Engineer
Job title: Senior Project Engineer
Reports to: Head of Professional Services
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We have grown from £10M to £30M revenue in less than 3 years and our team have grown from 35 to 200.
We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Opportunities in the role:
• Gain hands on exposure to traditional and cloud technologies such as virtualisation, Azure, InTune, AVD and networking – our engineers aren’t ring fenced!
• Grow with complimentary learning delivered through partners, self-study and colleague lead training sessions – all tracked through your own personal development plan.
• Be part of a rapidly growing and fast paced business, working alongside some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Focus of the role:
This is an exciting and challenging role for a seasoned candidate with a proven track record of delivering cloud and on-prem infrastructure refresh projects to end users.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with our pre-sales and support departments, planning and implementing digital transformation projects for BCN Group’s client base. The role is suited to a confident communicator with strong documentation and technical handover to ensure a smooth transition of solutions into service and support.
Technical requirements include:
• Windows Sever 2012 through 2019
• Active Directory implementation and migration of related services (DHCP, DNS).
• Virtualisation solution (Hyper-V, VMware) implementation
• O365 email migrations and implementation experience with its complimentary components (OneDrive, Teams)
• Routers/firewalls (particularly one of WatchGuard/SonicWall/Fortigate)
• Networking and switching configuration (VLAN’s, static routes)
Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite.
Prior experience with at least one of the below technologies will be highly beneficial in the role:
• Windows and mobile device management through Microsoft Intune
• SharePoint Online
• Shared storage (SAN) implementation
• Microsoft Azure
• High energy and drive
• Wants a career, not just a job
• Capacity and hunger to learn
• A passion for problem solving under pressure
• Team player
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Possess good organisational and time management skills
• Experience in a similar role
• Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cover, life assurance, birthday day off, tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement (plus the option to buy holidays), plus more!
Come and join a winning team.