Service Desk Pod Leader
Job title: Service Desk Pod Leader
Location: Leeds – This Is predominantly an office-based role; customer/site visits may be required.
Hours: Contracted working hours consist of 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday, based on one of the
following shift patterns: 07:00 – 15:30, 08:00 – 16:30, 09:30 – 18:00 or 10:30 – 19:00
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We have grown from £10M to £30M revenue in less than 3 years and our team have grown from 35 to 200.
We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
We have a very open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is encouraged – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role:
As a Service Desk Team Leader at BCN, you will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating a team of 10+ IT team members, which will include providing effective coaching and guidance when needed. This position is an internal and external stakeholder facing role and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive best practice to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
• Coach and mentor aligned engineers to ensure they are achieving their potential.
• Deliver 121’s, team meetings, daily huddles and appraisals.
• Ensure the team follows relevant policies and processes and that SLA’s are met.
• Be a single point of contact for aligned customers in driving service excellence and quality.
• Act as a first point of escalation for any customer concerns or queries.
• Manage the onboarding process for any new customers aligned to your team.
• Operate as a major incident manager during any critical/P1 incidents for your aligned team.
• Proactively looks for improvement areas as part of continuous improvement process.
• Ownership on administrative duties including, plan and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met, ensuring sufficient cover/resource within the team, arranging site visits, etc.
• Proven experience within a similar managerial/lead role, with the ability to oversee team performance.
• Excellent emotional intelligence with an understanding of the value of teamwork.
• Demonstrates a passion for customer service with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment, with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at any one time.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff.
• Superb time management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and be responsive to staff needs.
• Ability to think and work independently, and as part of a team and to take responsibility
• Be adaptable to changing requirements and technologies with the ability to assimilate new packages when required.
• Positive and robust attitude with a high level of personal motivation.
• Knowledge and experience of implementing aspects of the ITIL framework highly desirable.
• Flexible approach to working
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, health cash plan, life assurance, birthday off, Tastecard+ membership, generous holiday entitlement and the option to buy holidays, plus more!
Come and join a winning team.