Location: Manchester (Hybrid)
Reports to: Head of Development
Hours: Contracted working hours consist of 37.5-hour week, Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 with 1 hour lunch
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premise, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly in the past 2 years, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the role:
The Software Tester will be working closely with and supporting the development team and the wider business to help ensure quality and compliance across all our customer solutions and internal line of business systems.
Within an agile development team, you will be testing developments against a product backlog in Azure DevOps and ensuring that defects are clearly logged, prioritised, and processes within the development lifecycle are followed. You’ll be testing a wide variety of applications, including Web Applications, SharePoint Solutions, PowerApps and API’s.
- Liaise with Product Owners and Technical Business Analyst to understand requirements.
- Analyse requirements to identify all relevant tests scenarios and edge cases.
- Work with developers to understand the flow of code.
- Performing a combination of manual functional, cross browser and device testing and creating, maintaining, and running automated tests.
- Support on the investigation and troubleshoot of issues and non-conforming software.
- Execute all levels of testing, including Integration, system, acceptance, exploratory and regression.
- Detect and triage software defects and inconsistencies, managing defects through to resolution.
Skills, knowledge, experience:
- Knowledge of test automation and experienced in the use of one or more software testing tools, Selenium or similar test automation tools.
- Good understanding of secure development principles and familiarity with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Experience of documenting software/processes.
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Tester.
- Knowledge of using software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Understanding of system integration testing methodologies, defect tracking systems, and Quality Assurance process
- Experience in using issue tracking and test management tools.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and cases.
- Hands-on experience with black box testing.
- Experience working in an Agile software development team.
- Ability to execute regression scripts and report accurately.
- Familiar with Web Applications, SharePoint, and Microsoft Power Platform.
- Database interrogation skills (SQL).
- Understanding of API (REST) calls.
- Understanding of JSON and XML data structures.
- Understanding of analysing issues and route cause.
- Familiar with automation principles and desire to augment capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Highly competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour on-site gym (Manchester)
- A gift from us for expectant parents!
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!